This bread is so delicious! I love a warm slice right after it comes out of the oven with a little Earth Spread (Butter).
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 Egg (or egg replacement= 1 TBS ground flax seed with 3 TBS water)
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup butter (or cooking oil)
optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans toasted
Grease your pan (8x4x2). I have a bread stoneware pan.
1. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
2. In another bowl mix egg, sugar, zucchini and oil. Mix and pour into dry ingredients. (It will be lumpy.)
3. Fold in nuts, if using.
4. Pour into pan and bake at 350' for 50- 55 minutes.
5. Cool for about 10 minutes then remove bread from pan.
6. Steal one slice for tasting while bread is piping hot :) (you are really supposed to let it cool first)
EAT! ENJOY! YUM!