2 large hard pears or apples (fuji, rome, pippin, granny smith, jonathan)
2 tsp pure maple syrup or agave
3 tsp water
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs raisins (black or golden)
1. Preheat oven to 375'
2. Slice off tops of apples or pears and set aside.
3. Core apples, making sure not to poke a hole in the bottom of the apple. Use a knife or corer or spoon.
4. In a small bowl mix together maple syrup, water, and cinnamon.
5. Place the apples into a baking dish and divide the raisins (apx 2 tsp) into each apple or pear.
6. Then fill with the liquid mixture. Dont worry if it overflows or does not reach the top. Replace the tops.
7. Cover with foil and cut 3 slits in the foil to allow steam to escape
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes
9. Add extra maple syrup if desired