- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy, rice, etc)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I used 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste + 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract and it was great!)
- 1 large carrot, finely grated (1 heaping cup)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk cream (use the cream off the top of the full-fat can only)
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8th tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut milk cream + 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup (to drizzle on top)
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Raisins, for garnish
1) Finely grate the large carrot to yield 1 heaping cup of grated carrots. Note that you want to use the fine grate, not the large one so the carrot shreds are very small.
2)In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add your almond milk, lemon juice, and coconut milk cream. Stir well. Add in your spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger) and salt. Stir again until mixed.
3)Stir in your grated carrots and oats. Adjust heat if necessary or bring heat to low if it starts to boil. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) When the mixture has thickened up, stir in the vanilla extract, 1 tbsp crushed walnuts, and 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
5) Top with 1 tbsp of crushed walnuts and 1 tsp of shredded coconut. Prepare your coconut milk cream + maple syrup mixture and drizzle it over top. Sprinkle with cinnamon for garnish.
Recipe from "Oh She Glows"