Chicken pot pie
1 lb chicken (breast) cubed
1 c. carrots, sliced
1 c. frozen green peas
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/3 c. butter (make sure you don't ever eat margarine. eat real butter!)
1/3 c. onion, chopped
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 3/4 c. chicken broth
2/3 c. milk
2 (9-inch) unbaked pie crusts (you can find them in the freezer section. we like the wheat)
**Preheat oven to 425' and remove one pie crust and let it slowly flatten out as you prepare the rest.
1. Add chicken, carrots, peas, celery in a pan and add enough water to cover. Boil for 15 minutes, then drain.
2. In the same pan melt butter and add onions and cook until transparent. Add flour, S&P, celery seed seasoning. Slowly stir in milk and broth. Turn heat to medium low, cook until think. Stir often.
3. Pour chicken mixture into one pie crust, pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with other crust and seal edges (you can use your fingers to make a wavy edge or a fork to make a lined look), cut the center (to vent steam while baking)
4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
5. Let stand 10 minutes to firm. ENJOY!