1 head cauliflower, sliced into florets
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup milk
Salt and pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon dried minced onions
1/2 teaspoon basil
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. In a large pan cook cauliflower, covered, in a small amount of salted water. Cook about 6-8 minutes. Until crisp-tender. Drain well.
2. In the same sauce pan combine butter, flour, broth, milk, cheese, onion, and basil. Cook and stir until bubbly.
3. Stir in Cauliflower.
4. Transfer to a casserole dish
5. Combine bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle over cauliflower.
6. Bake 15 minutes in a 375' oven.
** You can use frozen cauliflower. But bake for 35 minutes.
** Variation: use broccoli and cauliflower.