|Photo does not have the chopped tomato topping.|
1 cup fresh or frozen shelled edamame
1/2 cup pitted green olives
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons chopped tomato
1. Cook edamame in salted boiling water until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of hot cooking liquid.
2. Puree the edamame in a food processor, adding the 1/4 cup hot liquid.
3. Add olives and garlic. Process until smooth and well blended.
4. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with tomato.
*Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, whole wheat crackers, or homemade Pita Chips.