2 TBS olive oil
2 leeks, white and green parts, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 head broccoli
2 medium zucchini
1 head spinach
4 leaves basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
6 cups water
1. In a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the leeks and garlic and saute for 3 minutes
3. Add the broccoli, zucchini, spinach, basil, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add 3tbs more basil, chopped, if desired.