They are a whole grain and excellent source of fiber!
Wheat Berries can be used many ways:
1. Mixed in with salad.
2. Added with oatmeal.
3. Mixing with vegetables (or other fruits): celery, scallions, walnuts, sliced apples, raisins, dried cherries.
4. Just munching on them just how they are.
5. Or one of our favorites- mixing a bowl of wheat berries with fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.) My husband really enjoys adding yogurt in this berry mix.
Wheat Berries are simple to make.
1. In a pot cover as many wheat berries that you desire with water.
2. Heat on high until boiling.
3. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for: 30 minutes- chewy (our favorite) or 45 minutes- less chewy.
A delicious snack. A healthy breakfast. Or a side for dinner.