You will need a waffle iron for this recipe.
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs (or egg replacement, for this recipe it will be 2 tablespoons ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons water)
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (your choice. I like to mix several together- walnuts, almonds, pecans, and sunflower seeds)
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Make a hole in the center for liquid ingredients.
2. In another bowl combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until moist. It will be lumpy.
4. Pour 1 cup of batter onto grids of waffle iron (make sure it is lightly greased).
5. Repeat with remaining batter. Eat warm. Enjoy.
**I enjoy eating waffles with:
*Fruit smoothie- chocolate banana smoothie or Mixed Fruit Smoothie - I just dip them in these.
*Peanut butter or almond butter and bananas
*Fresh fruit- bananas, strawberries, blueberries. (You could also use blackberries, peaches, raspberries, what fruit would you use?)
*Or with syrup.
*How do (or would) you eat your waffles?